Our Sports Massage Therapist, Louise, takes an holistic approach to her Sports Massage to bring both wellbeing to the mind and body.
Having trained at Bath University – within their sports department – Louise uses a combination of relaxation and problem solving along with a varied mix of techniques. Louise is highly qualified and her years of travelling have broadened her knowledge of Eastern and Western healing traditions whilst still bringing manipulation of soft tissue to reduce pain, restore range of movement and promote good condition.
There are many psychological effects and benefits of sports massage, these include:
- Improved relaxation
- Improves muscle flexibility, which reduces injury
- Increases blood flow throughout the body
- Reduces heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces recovery time after an injury
- Lowers anxiety
- Improves mood
- Relieves muscle pain and tension
- Improves connective tissue healing, promoting muscle elasticity
- Improves sleep quality
(Treatment time includes a 15 mins consultation)